Pages

Monday, January 25, 2010

Creative Community

The inspiration throughout the blogging world is stupendous, tremendous, and never-ending.

Have you ever gone on a blog joy-ride? Try clicking one of the "Blogs I Love", then clicking on one of the blogs listed on their site (or click on a follower to check out their blog), then just keep right on going until you are so deep in inspiration that your head is spinning. Then come on back to this site and start all over.

One of the beautiful things you'll find is the generosity and camaraderie of so many, especially in the artsy-blogging community. One site (which I have linked under the afore-mentioned list) is the WishStudio (inthewishstudio.blogspot.com). They are offering a give-away to the Wishfull Virtual Art Retreat (April 30th - May 2nd), a unique idea that allows remote creatives to take advantage of the wisdom of several brilliant beings. It is an experience in which I hope I can take part! (Check out more here)

I cannot speak enough of the love I have for the community I've found...one that keeps right on growing. Those who have experienced this will certainly understand...it is changing my life. I plan on writing more about this soon, but for now, this sums it up:

If someone listens, or stretches out a hand, or whispers a kind word of encouragement, or attempts to understand, extraordinary things begin to happen.
-Loretta Gizartis

3 comments:

  1. i have gone on plenty of blog rides. ;) there are so many beautiful and inspiring blogs out there like yours. love the new profile pic! hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the phrase "blog joy ride"...Perfect description of what I've been doing this afternoon on our "rain day"...Never had school cancelled for rain before!! But, as a parent of an almost 18 year old driver, I do appreciate the school corporation erroring on the side of caution as the forecasts sounded horrific for us! Hope you are enjoying your day as well...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melita, I so agree...(and thanks!) Tee hee...thought I'd shake things up a bit. Your profile pic actually inspired me!

    Stephanie - Oh my goodness, I know! Kinda frustrating, a "rain day". Ah well, I'm sure once I have drivers I'll appreciate it too. :) Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete