Pages

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Doing What Needs To Be Done

Tonight, I did what had to be done.

It wasn't easy.

I had to leave my husband alone to watch a football game.

I had to creep away from the kids who were racing around the house screaming loud enough that I'm sure the neighbors are questionning our household activities.

I had to sulk away from the dog who was barking at the kids, at my husband, at me - anyone he could get to pay attention to him.

I had to leave the dishes, which are not only in the sink but scattered around the house.

I had to step over the laundry pile, which is almost caught up from our time away from the house but seemed to grow while we were out visiting family and the park today.

I had to quiet my mind which was reminding me that all of this will be there tomorrow morning, and if I'd only put away one dish or start one load of laundry or take care of one email that I'd be that much further ahead....because I knew that doing one thing means I'd do it all.

I had to step away because I knew what was best for me.

I had to replenish with this:



And accomplish a bit more on this:



I hope tomorrow morning I am at peace with my decision...and that I can make the same one again when needed. I hope that you, too, find peace with whatever decisions brought you to the end of your day.

Why is it so hard sometimes to ignore the mess around us to take care of the mess that is within?

4 comments:

  1. YAY!!! good for you! doing what is best for US is so hard and you did.

    It will totally pay off in mental health and positive Light in You :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm glad you took a little time for you. i am under the thought that you must take a little time for yourself every now and then in order to be good to everyone else. if we don't take time for ourselves we are more than likely going to be a little short with people and unfortunately those people are usually the people we love most. good for you sweetie!! hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It may be hard, but it is such good practice. Which I'm thinking, slowly slowly eventually, makes it not so hard...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, Jena..so true. It seems like with anything the more discipline the more it just becomes part of who we are.

    And Melita - bless you! It's like you looked into my world...hubby would agree with you and that's why he encourages the alone time! :)

    ReplyDelete