Pages

Monday, March 8, 2010

Opportunities Abound...

As spring shows its lovely wings here in Indiana, I find myself hoarding the strength and grounding that winter brought. It is so easy to get carried away on days like this - sunshine-y, warm, full of energy.

I thank those who have provided (and continue to provide) me with those ties to myself, my soul, so that my spirit doesn't get to flitty.

I recently purchased an AMAZING piece of art from Rachel Awes at http://allididwaslisten.blogspot.com. I (and others) have long admired her work online...luckily, she just opened her Esty shop! Really...how lucky am I to have this inspiration facing me every day:



I'd go visit her Etsy shop now...you're bound to find one that calls to you.

And WOW - want to know about hidden gems? I've followed Sara Ortiz at her blog (http://creativityonamission.blogspot.com/) for a bit. She recently offered a FREE (yup, free) 30 minute "Idea Jam Session" to the first 20 people who replied. I jumped on it because, well, who doesn't need a good jam session?? (That, and her idea of being a Renaissance Soul really called to me!)

We had our session this morning and I left feeling SO energized. I filled out a questionnaire for her before the call and she just zeroed right in on some ideas that could get me more centered, productive, and moving forward from this point. (Displaying my completed research & art for tangible motivation and reminders that I'm progressing? Love it!! I don't want to give away all the ideas, but she has so many more...) I've already picked up a book from the library that she recommended, "The Renaissance Soul: Life Design for People with Too Many Passions to Pick Just One". Hah - I bet that ressonated with some of my readers!

There is absolutely NO reason not to jump over there right now and email her for a session. You have NOTHING to lose and SO much to gain! (Really. Ok, read the rest of my post and then go. The link is right HERE.)

AND - Trudy Callan is hosting the Artistic Mothers Group, based off of Shona Cole's amazing book, "The Artistic Mother"...it starts today! Check out the link at the top of my sidebar! This promises to be an AMAZING journey.

(I ADORE the advice in Shona's book, which I've already been through...and am excited to have some accountability to get some of the projects done! Really, I can't imagine that I will really be holding some of my own creations in my hands soon.

This, on top of the deep messages, fascinating techniques, and stunning insights I keep getting from Connie's Art Journal Love Letters workshop...WHOA.

Given all of the above, I'm trying to come up with a different term for what I "do" than "stay-at-home mom" 'cause, oh my, that just doesn't do it justice. Ah, my friends, but that is another post.

(Ok, now scroll back up and visit those links. You'll be happy you did.)

10 comments:

  1. lisa! thank you so much for your dear kind words. lol your way! & it's so fun to see what other great women are up to! isn't shona's publication amazing?! & yes, how to find verbage for what you "do"! maybe that will be another post. happy monday to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout out of the Artistic Mother Art Group. It will be an awesome ride. Please let us know what you decide your new title will be. I may use it, too, with your permission, of course. We wear so many hats as moms, don't we? I can add seamstress and home educator to mine as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should call yourself Inspiration Maven... always showing up with the perfect word or deed to get the job done!

    Thank you for practicing this skill over at my blog I love knowing that you are following me and will take time to chime in with your supportive and inspirational opinions. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love the print. That is where I am, too!
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Rachel's lovely work too. So nice to be uplifted by art and words.

    you are a sweety. I can't wait to see what you create! and tell me when you get that new title for who we are as SAHMs!

    Shona

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are all inspiring me! Ah, I am so close to sharing a new idea...t'is almost done simmering and I promise it ties into this idea of SAHM's. Oh, yummy yummy....

    THANK YOU all for contributing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i can sense your springlike energy coming to life -- i love your excitement! Ah, spring alas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lots of inspiration here...looking forward to seeing your creations...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Lisa,

    Thanks for the shout out! I popped on over to Connie's blog. Her work is so beautiful and alive. I also love Rachel's work too!

    Woohoo to all us highly creative and entrepreneurial women!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can just feel the inspiration in your words today! Love it!

    ReplyDelete