Look who came to breakfast this morning:
Is that not the yummiest breakfast??
(I did only eat one muffin...while delicious, Shed Project begins today. See below)
Seriously, my hubby is awesome.
And then....well, then I go downstairs to try and catch up on a few things before we take the kiddo to the bus stop and go for a long morning walk.
And what greets me?
YEAH. THAT. Hubby MADE that gi-normous easel. For Me.(I made the mess below. :) Leftover from a past-midnight effort for the 21 Secrets Workshop!)
I told him a while ago I really wanted a cloth drop cloth in my ideal studio.
Best. Hubby. Ever.
I am so absolutely giddy. He's even taking about making another smaller one I can have for travel. (This sucker is a heavy one...but absolutely Perfect for BIG painting.)
Seriously freakin' awesome.
My Birthday Wish (es).
1) The SHED PROJECT begins today. That it coincides with my birthday is absolutely beautiful. I will make a more official shed intention list in the upcoming days, but my birthday began this morning with shedding - and I thought I'd share:
- Negative thoughts. (Especially when the alarm is going off)
- A straight face before my feet hit the floor. (I'm gonna smile, regardless of whether or not I feel like it)
- Stress About Schedule (Kiddo forgot his backpack and we made it just before the bus; we ran into a friend and ended up talking which pushed our walk way back - I'm so thankful for the opportunities)
- So so so much more...this is just the beginning
2) I wish to recognize every day is as special as my birthday. Yes, I will only turn 33 once. (Yup. I'm 33. Which as a loving friend put it, rounds to 35. Which rounds to 40. It's all over. Hah! I LOVE my age!!) But there will only be one 9/15/2010 in my entire life. I will only get to celebrate 9/16/2010 one time. And 9/17/2010? One shot...and then it's gone.
So today, I am not trying to escape from my life and make my birthday one big old get-away. Instead I am doing a trial run of my ideal day - a healthy walk in the morning, time spent with family, some interaction with my project to-do's, some art, play with the kids, a chat tonight with my Tribe Sisters, healthy food sprinkled with a little diet coke in between, a bit of laundry and dusting, and an intention to savor every up and down moment and repeat again tomorrow.
3) I wish to feel the force of my inner drive so strongly that I can't help but to live authentically and strongly and with a peaceful awareness and a Dalai-Lama-like smile. And as I do, I wish to radiate it so that you can't help but to feel the pull in your own core. And I wish that you find all of the resources necessary to radiate as well until we are just one big ol' glowing group.
4) I wish to live my vocation. To sing my song whether I'm chatting with the person scanning my grocceries or an artist or a well-known superstar or my daughter or son or mom or simply alone with my own thoughts. I wish to feel no more tightness in my throat; that honesty flows freely and softly. That my art - that which takes form as my song emerges - passionately embodies and reflects that.
5) I wish....
You know what? I have so many. But instead of wishing, I'm going to go live. Starting with the video for 21 Secrets, a bit of play on my new easel, and lunch with hubby & daughter.
It is a BEAUTIFUL life.
May we all find reason to celebrate today.