Pages

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

What I'm Wearing To My CT Scan

In about 10 minutes I will leave for my CT Scan.  Nothing serious, but something I need to get addressed.

I'm not nervous.  I get to lie back down and have my picture taken.  If they find something, I will be at ease knowing I can get it addressed (and didn't live on as it got worse).  If they find nothing, I will be at ease knowing I am well.  Note the underlying trend.

I do want to share with you what I'm wearing to the hospital.  It's more important than you might think.

1) Red(ish) Lipstick.  This is in honor of the Red Lipstick Revolution started by Amy Palko.  My base chakra and I are walking into today empowered.

2)  A Smile.  While I do this quite frequently anyway, I'm putting special effort into doing so today.  I received a group email not long ago.  Part of it said:

"Do not underestimate the power of your happiness.  You (yes, specifically you) have the power to change this world.  You take this power everywhere you go, so you might as well use it.  If you are at the gym, the bank, the grocery store, the doctor, the movies, the accountant, the park, the mall, or my favorite - Target, you come equipped with the power to dramatically impact the world.  Notice the people whose paths you cross.  Whether you speak or not, just smile.  In just one smile you can communicate that he matters, and that she matters." (Michelle O'Mara)


I always feel more connected to those who can offer at least a smile.  It is as though my heart is speaking to theirs without any words needing to be said.


3)  My braid.  I fell in love with a Native American man I heard talk a few years ago.  He discussed many different significances of the braid, including it serving as a reminder of the intertwining, interconnected nature.  What better to be reminded of during the day?


And yes, for you cheeky monkeys out there, I will also be wearing clothes.  


I'm running late, so off I jaunt....and sorry, no photos just yet.


May you wear what serves your spirit today.

7 comments:

  1. Great outfit ! I really do know how much that smile accessory can change things. It has helped others remember I am human and not just another thing to scan quite a few times. So does asking everyone their name and sharing yours...
    Sending you more positive juju as you go through...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post- and great attitude! Thanks for sharing, and best wishes for that positivity to spread everywhere in your life. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. And with that kind of ease, you will be just fine! I will pray for your results to be what they should be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you will be one well dressed lady! best of wishes to you for your health. be especially good to yourself this evening.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Lisa, I hope everything went well today. I am sure by now you are home - I admire your strength and resolve and nice red lipstick. Your mindset is an admirable one. Thank you!!! Know that I am thinking of you. :) Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa, I hope everything is okay. I love what you wrote about smiles: "It is as though my heart is speaking to theirs without any words needing to be said." This is so true.

    You are such a beautiful soul! Am thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete