Pages

Monday, May 10, 2010

I RAN 13.1 MILES!

I'm Baaaack!

And SO thankful for all of your wonderful comments!

I SURVIVED and am beyond thrilled to share with you a video about my Half Marathon experience.  Believe it or not, I carried my camera with me the entire time (yup - a dedicated runner AND photographer!).  This video is the result of those photos and a Monday of practically ignoring every other thing I had to do.

A little background:  On May 8th, 2010, my hubby (Chris), sister (Kristen), brother (Ryan), and I all completed the Indianapolis Mini Marathon - the largest half marathon in the United States with over 35,000 participants.  This year brought colder temps (in the 40's after being in the 80's (F) the day before) and horrible wind.  (Cold temps are great for running - wind....not so much.)

I have SO much to share with you (an awesome Mother's day, for example!) and SO many blogs on which to catch up.  But, like I had to do with training and with the run, One Step At A Time.

(NOTE: Clicking on the video will take you to my Smugmug site where the video should automatically play.  I couldn't get this on YouTube as it was blocking my audio...because I'm not willing to pay thousands of dollars for a one-time use fee for the music.)



(I hope to add more details later at Move Me, but also want to get the giveaway up and painting done and laundry switched and blah blah blah.  I know YOU understand!!)

I am still feelin' the indescribable energy from this experience - and wish that each and every one of you may experience it in your own way very soon.

11 comments:

  1. congrats dear lisa!
    i'm thrilled for you
    & it sounds like
    even your energy
    is still celebrating
    your
    running
    wonders.
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! YOU TOTALLY DID IIIIT!!!! I knew you would!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing video - Amazing achievement - YA HOO! I am impressed by your running AND taking pictures AND smiling throughout the whole run.

    I've only done a 10k race, but I remember the power of the group's energy ... a powerful experience.

    Savor your day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!! That is SO great. Celebrate!!! Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant! congrats, that was a fun video to watch. I am impressed you took photos and put it all together, with words! very cool.

    shona

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so inspired! I just bought new running shoes and am trying to convince myself to take up running. You're helping me get the boost I need! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like the Jerry McGuire movie, "You had me at . . . the tunnel." Seriously, I started crying then and didn't stop. This is a wonderful video, so inspiring. You should be so proud of yourself. I am beyond inspired by you! Congratulations, friend! May you have many more experiences just as exhilarating!
    Many blessings,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lisa, so proud of you! I loved the video. You have inspired me! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay, yay, yay! I have been thinking of you! YOU RAWK!
    I ran the mini in my twenties...years ago, and it was such a partay!
    I am SO, SO, SO proud of you!
    I cannot believe you carried your camera the entire time...you amaze me.
    xo, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  10. WHOO HOO! Thank you all...I'm trying to reply to each of you that have email address attached to your profiles. YOU are all awesome too...yay for us!

    ReplyDelete